Sunday, March 14, 2010

Yacon syrup

Have been updating very bad lately I know, but I have been working and being busy. Anyway, I though I would write a little bit about my new favorite: Yacon syrup

Yacon syrup is an natural sweetener which is low in calories, GI and carbohydrates. It is build up mainly of fructooligosacaride (FOS) which the human body is lacking enzymes for, which means I'll will go through undigested. The undigested portion of yacón serves as food for “friendly” bacteria, such as Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus species, in the colon. Other benefits from yacon syrup are increasing absorption of magnesium and calcium, elimination of toxins, increasing bone density, one of the highest levels of potassium found in any plant, contains all the essential amino acids, high in calcium, magnesium, phosphor and iron. There is a lot more other properties of yacon syrup.

Taste: It is not as sweet as agave, it has a very rich flavor a little bit liqourishy almost, even though I HATE liquorish, I LOVE yacon.

And as all other super foods It's Peruvian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment